2007/02/19

The Little Prince in Mazes (迷宮裡的小王子) 1

Today, my life has been changed forever. Because I met the Little Prince. As we all have heard of the Little Prince, who has made a visit to the Earth from a distant star. This is the story about the Little Prince I know.

The Little Prince once told me why he is on this foreign planet, but I always seem to be forgetting. Perhaps he didn't actually tell me that 'WHY'. Perhaps what he really told me is that he is forgetting WHY HE IS HERE. Sometimes I think the Little Prince just made the whole thing up, that in fact he is not from another planet or star. He might even be in fact just like you and me.

I said to him: "If you could accept the fact that the Earth is your home, you would have been happier."
He replied to me: "You have absolutely no idea how beautiful the sky is at my planet. The Earth is so boring and flat."

I know the Earth is not flat. We all know that. But I really don't know how beautiful the sky is on his planet. I didn't want to argue with him and I don't like to. There are already too many fights occurring every second on this planet. I simply wish to spend my time to imagine the sky on his planet, rather than arguing if the Earth is REALLY flat or not. But I really don't like that when the Little Prince begins to collecting bricks.

© TH Yu